- Our team of seamstresses will perform alterations on dresses purchased through our boutique only -- we do not perform menswear alterations, nor do we alter dresses purchased outside of Camille's of Wilmington.
- Contact us directly with inquiries about gown preservation kits and dress steaming services.
TIMELINE & PROCEDURES:
- Call to book your First Fitting Appointment at least 2-3 months prior to your Wear Date.
- “Wear Date” is the earliest date you will need to wear the dress, whether that is your bridal portraits photoshoot or your wedding date (whichever comes first).
- Your First Fitting Appointment will take place 4-6 weeks before your Wear Date.
- You can expect to have at least 2-3 scheduled Alterations Appointments.
- Your Final Pickup Appointment will be 1-2 weeks before your Wear Date.
- You will need to have your shoes and proper undergarments at ALL alterations appointments; otherwise, your appointment(s) will be rescheduled.
- One Guest is allowed to accompany you at your Alterations Fittings.
- Please do not bring small children (under the age of 12).
COST INFO & PROCEDURES:
- Alterations are always a separate cost, not included in the cost of the gown.
- Alterations costs on Bridal Gowns can average between $200-$600+ depending on the construction of the gown and modifications needed.
- Alterations costs for Evening Gowns can average $100-$400+
- A 50% deposit of the total alterations cost is required at your First Fitting Appointment.
- The balance of Alterations costs needs to be paid in full at your Final Fitting Pick-up Appointment before the dress can leave the store and be worn for your first Wear Date.
- Make sure to have something to eat and drink, as you can expect your appointment to last 60-90 minutes on average.
Any questions or concerns feel free to ask your bridal stylist or a member of management.